Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Pretty New Face, Post on the MAF Blog, and Apologies from the Packing Zombie

Whew!  Every time I have a free minute away from packing I think "I really need to write about 3 blog posts..." and then promptly sit or lie down somewhere that isn't covered with mounds of stuff and either fall asleep or stare dazedly at the wall instead.  Yeah, I've pretty much been a packing zombie for the past week and checked out of computer stuff, so let me take the opportunity to apologize to all the people I either haven't responded to or took forever to write back on email and Facebook...sorry guys!  

You have probably already noticed that my blog looks a whole lot different (different meaning WAY more fun), and I am very excited about the changes, but I can take zero credit for them.  I owe the snazzy new design to an incredibly sweet and talented gal named Joy Neal, who, along with her husband and little son recently joined MAF and are actually coming to serve in Tarakan in the future.  Joy and I have been trading Facebook messages as she prepares for moving overseas and has cultural and packing questions, which has been fun for me as I enjoy helping people get ready for this experience as much as I can.  A few weeks ago Joy humbly and carefully (she didn't want to offend me) wrote me and said she had created a design for my blog if I was interested.  I was blown away that she would spend time putting a design together for me and as soon as I saw it I knew it was just what my blog needed, a pretty new face!  I have thought many times about how I would like to change the look of my blog and make it unique, but, not being the most computer savvy of girls, I never got to putting that thought into action.  Luckily, Joy did it for me!  She installed the new design on my blog and made some other formatting changes and you are looking at what are, in my opinion, the adorable results.  Thanks Joy, you are awesome!

Last week came and went and I didn't even bother to let anyone know a post I wrote went up on the MAF blog on Wednesday...remember, I was a packing zombie with no awareness of the Internet, I was completely immersed in burning questions such as:

 "How many pairs of underwear should I pack in my suitcase?"
 "Was the wood used to build our crates heat treated to meet U.S. regulations?"  
"Did I write down every single solitary thing in our crates on the inventory list?"  
"Can I possibly get more sweaty while packing?"

The answer to the last one just has to be "no" because I can't imagine being more hot and sticky and covered with dust than I was packing last week, yuck!

Okay, way off track.

So, my post on the MAF blog is about the frequent "Hellos" and "Goodbyes" that missionary life requires, and the little bit I've learned from them.  You can click here to read it on the MAF blog.

We are T-minus 3 1/2 days until departure from Indonesia and we are in pretty good shape to leave.  Our crates are packed, sealed, and the paperwork for them is in process, the house is reasonably clean, we have started packing our suitcases, and we are trying to tie up all the loose ends before we head out early Saturday morning.  I have some packing pictures and stories, but I will save them for the next time I post.  Now that the crates are packed I am much more mentally functional and I may just write more about packing tomorrow...we shall see.

Until then, take care friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment